Monday, November 16, 2009

Do colleges offer financial aid to those who wish to study abroad?

I plan to attend at Columbia University next year with a major in Electrical Engineering. I would love to study abroad in my later years, possibly China or Germany. However, I am currently able to attend the university thanks to a very generous financial aid offering. If I want to study abroad, would my financial aid cover it or would I have to pay out of my own pocket?

Do colleges offer financial aid to those who wish to study abroad?
Steph, in most cases you pay out of pocket for these study options (especially if it is a summer abroad program). You can usually apply for a private education loan to finance the semester abroad. If you have not yet used up all your federal aid in the regular academic year you may be able to use what is left toward the cost. Please talk to your financial aid office for further details.


No comments:

Post a Comment