Monday, November 16, 2009

If I transfer universities after 2 years, can I still study abroad?

I'm planning on transferrring colleges, it will be after my second year. I will be a junior entering my new school. Can I still study abroad then?

If I transfer universities after 2 years, can I still study abroad?
It all depends on the school you're transferring to and how many credits they'll accept from your first university. Always ask to cover your bases. Also ask whether the study abroad program will supply you with credit. If not, measure how much longer it will take to graduate.





Everything's possible. It's just a matter of how much longer it may take to do it and if you're willing to spend that time doing it.
Reply:You should be able to work this out, but, in addition to possibly losing credits in the actual transfer process, you may lose a bunch of time in the exchange program. When I studied abroad, I went as a junior, for the whole year, but there were a couple of seniors, who planned only to spend a semester. You could do that, but they ALL decided to stay the second semester, which caused most of them to stay in school one extra semester, which was a decision to make for them. Make sure you are going to wind up with all your fresh/soph credits, and that will diminish that problem. Keep in mind, that if you are going to learn a language, a full year program is inifinitely better than a semster.

skin itching

No comments:

Post a Comment