Thursday, November 19, 2009

If I go to a NYU HS Study Abroad in Dublin, will this help my chances of getting into NYU?

Will this help me get into NYU? I want to double major in Acting and Journalism. The study abroad is for acting. It says you get 6 college credits, so is this for any college, or is it just good for NYU? I would plan on asking one of the professors at NYU to give me a letter of recommendation when I apply to NYU. Thanks!

If I go to a NYU HS Study Abroad in Dublin, will this help my chances of getting into NYU?
if the study abroad program is offered thru NYU then the credits would be for NYU. You would have to speak to a registrattion counselor at any other school to see if they would agree to give you the credits. Some schools will, others might not-just depends on the college.


It will help you get into NYU if there are professors who get to know you and your talents thru the study abroad program and then they write a letter of rec for you.
Reply:It would be difficult to ask one of the professors for a recommendation...relatives are forbidden, and I can't really see a circumstance that having a professor write you one would really help you





But. the program can be applied to most other universities, and participating in the program would make your chaces ALOT better...so my recommendation is to do the the program


No comments:

Post a Comment