Sunday, November 15, 2009

Does study abroad affect when you graduate?

I was wondering if study abroad will delay my degree, or if i can just take my regular classes overseas.

Does study abroad affect when you graduate?
It depends on a few things like your major, what classes you take, what university you go through, and what university you're trying to graduate from.





I was lucky in that my program was directly associated with my university, so it all transferred. I would suggest looking to see if your university offers any programs or has established relationships with any universities that offer a study abroad program.





You can speak with your adviser and compare the courses that are available in the study abroad program to determine a good program to do that won't delay graduation.





Another option is to study abroad over the summer, which won't affect your graduation date if the classes don't all transfer or are out of your major.


No comments:

Post a Comment