Monday, November 16, 2009

Where are some good resources for study abroad programs and funding?

Does anyone know of websites or other sources for finding good study abroad programs, or funding for studying abroad? I am looking at Ireland specifically if that helps.

Where are some good resources for study abroad programs and funding?
Well, there are many resources to find study abroad programs in the region that interest you. The Internet is your best source of information if you have time. Most universities also have a dedicated office to study abroad programs. The problem is that these counselors are biased. There are also counselors that are independent like myself who specialize in one geographic areas or one subject. There is a fee to their service but usually that service will be very helpful to find the right program for your or to jump start your research in the right direction. Unfortunately Ireland is not my area of concentration so I can't help you much there. However study abroad.com and google can be of a great help.


Remember funding is available through your student loans and it is usually easier to get through your school. There are also scholarships but those are very limited. Spain and France are my areas and I usually suggest to my students to go SOLO with no middle man (STudy abroad programs and university sponsored programs). It is usually much cheaper for the same program and I strongly believe that you can pay for it from you summer job ( a six weeks in Spain can cost you around 2000 including flight food and stay while in most programs you have to pay 3500 just in tution).


Good luck in your research, and contact me if you need help.


No comments:

Post a Comment