Thursday, November 19, 2009

Where can I find Grant/Scholarship Money to Study Abroad?

I have wanted to go to Spain for years and study Spanish since it is my minor.





Almost all of the programs I have looked at say I need to be accepted into a study abroad programs BEFORE I can apply for grants/scholarships. But 100% of these programs require deposits of $300-$1,500 before you can register.





My question is this; Does anyone know a legitimate funding program for college students to study abroad, that awards you pre-acceptance?





Thanks!

Where can I find Grant/Scholarship Money to Study Abroad?
Are you going to school now? If so, then why not talk to a financial aid officer at your school for more information. Or talk to a financial aid officer at a school from which the Study Abroad program you are interested in is located?





Although it's been quite a few years, I did two Study Abroad programs. The first time I was not a student of the school, but I applied and was accepted; after that my financial aid was processed and put toward the program. The second time I went I was already a student at the same school. Neither time did I have to do a deposit.





In addition to talking to a finanical aid officer, also talk to someone in the SA program at the school to see if they have additional information regarding scholarships.





You can also look at these websites:





College Board Homepage


www.collegeboard.org





FastWEB


www.fastweb.com





Free Scholarship Search


www.freschinfo.com





Good luck!

BIRD

No comments:

Post a Comment