Saturday, April 17, 2010

To Study Abroad in China should I go through an org?

And what city should I study in? What university should I attend or should I go through a separate outside school? I heard that beijing is not as great because there are too many people who speak English and I should go for total immersion.

To Study Abroad in China should I go through an org?
Hi Bob,





first, to be clear, I want you to know that I do work for an education company based in Beijing: chinastudyabroad.org, but I will try best to be unbiased in my answer because I am first and foremost a young American living in China.





Anyway, I studied in Beijing before at BLCU, and I thought it was a pretty good experience, but I spent a lot more time socializing and hanging out with other foreigners than I spent learning Chinese. I had a few friends that studied at the BMA, and they said that it was really an intense class because of the small class sizes.





To be completely honest, I spend a lot of time speaking English here in Beijing because most of my friends are foreigners as well. I don't really have to use chinese as often as I thought I would, and because there's a large tourist industry a lot of Chinese people speak English.





If you are absolutely set on total language immersion, I suggest studying in other cities like Kunming or Dalian because you're FORCED to speak Chinese. Otherwise, you might not even get to eat dinner until you figure it out.





However, I must say, studying abroad in Beijing was A LOT OF FUN!





Good luck Bob.

wisdom teeth

No comments:

Post a Comment